If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
The Pupil Admission Number (PAN) for Reception is 45. We are a one and a half form entry primary school and operate mixed age classes.
Applying to Full Time School
This process is called first admissions and is dealt with directly by the local authority. You will receive a letter directly to your home address in the November of the school year prior to the next academic year when your child will become five.
All information is available at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk Parents/carers are required to apply on a common application form through their ‘home’ local authority.
You will need an email account if you wish to make an online application; it is a safe and secure way to apply, and you can make changes to your application right up to the closing date. You will receive an email to acknowledge that your application is being processed.
You can find further information from Nottinghamshire County Council here.
New starters for September 2023
Choosing the right school for your child is a really important decision. We encourage prospective parents to visit our school during a typical school day so you can see first-hand what we at Awsworth can offer your child as they embark on their school learning journey.
We believe that the best way to get a feel for our school is to visit, as the children are at the centre of all we do.
Visits are by appointment only, with a maximum of 2 adult places per household. Please contact the school office by calling 0115 9321 926 or email email@example.com
First Admissions time frames (Co-ordinated by Nottinghamshire County Council)
- National offer day is 17th April 2023. This is when parents will be advised of their child’s allocated school.
Appeals for First admissions round.
- Parents can appeal against the decision to not allocate them their school of choice by lodging an appeal as set out in their letter.
- The dead line for Parents to lodge an appeal is 15th May 2023.
- Appeals must be made in writing to Mrs N Clarke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
- For late applications appeals should be heard within 40 days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the confirmation of these results.
In –year Admissions time frames.
- Parents can apply for an in-year transfer during the school year using the application form on our school website.
- The Schools admission officer will notify the parent of the outcome in writing within 10 school days.
Appeals time frames for In-year transfers
- If the application is unsuccessful the parents have the right to an independent appeal.
- Appeals must be made in writing to Mrs N Clarke, email@example.com within 20 school days.
- Parents will receive at least 10-days notice of their appeal hearing, which will be within 30 days of the appeal being lodged.
- Parents will receive appeals decision letters within 5 days of the hearing whenever possible